2500 Hall Avenue
Marinette, WI 54143
Living with Loss Grief Support Group is being offered in your area. All support groups are free and open to anyone who has experienced the death of a loved one. These sessions are offered several times throughout the year.
Peshtigo: A 5 week grief support group is offered throughout the year at the Peshtigo Community Center. Please call for dates. Attendance at all sessions is recommended. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call:
Oconto County/Marinette County
Dick Kendall, Pastor & Law Enforcement Chaplain
President, Chosen Path Ministries
Cell: (920) 731-4994 and email: [email protected]
“Surviving the Holidays” Offered to the Northeastern Wisconsin Area
The “Surviving the Holidays” session will be held on Saturday, November 12 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (noon) at Northwoods Bible Fellowship located at 15253 Long Street in Lakewood, WI 54138.
A program offered by GriefShare is called “Surviving the Holidays”. The two-hour session is especially helpful for people who are grieving a loved one’s death.
If you are wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas, this program will likely be helpful for you. So, if you are you dreading the upcoming holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated, the content of this seminar is designed for you.
You’ll learn how to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays; how to address former traditions and other needed changes; helpful tips for surviving social events; and how to discover hope for your future.
Facilitators for the program are Dick and Mary Kendall. The nominal fee for the book is $5.00; there are no additional costs. All those experiencing grief as the holidays approach are encouraged to attend.
General Loss and Grief Support Group
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month between September and May
- 4th Tuesday only during June through August at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson Chapel
Contact: Chaplin Anderson (906) 774-1313 for more information
Other Communities (St. Vincent Hospital)
Losing a loved one is extremely difficult. St. Vincent Hospital offers a number of resources for support groups designed to help you understand grief and build special friendships during this very difficult and emotional time.
Location: 835 S. Van Buren St., Green Bay
When: Call for information, meets once every four months
Contact: Tom Bekkers (920) 433-8797
SHARE Pregnancy & Loss Support
SHARE is a resource for families whose baby has died through miscarriage, stillbirth, and early infant death. We have found that sharing experiences in a supportive, understanding environment with other parents who have experienced a similar loss can be a validating and healing experience. No registration is required and there is no fee to attend. Both men and women attend the group and meetings are for adults only. Parents who attend our support group meeting tell us it is very helpful in helping them cope with their loss.
Location: 835 S. Van Buren St., Green Bay
When: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Contact: St. Vincent Hospital (800) 236-3030
When You Need Us
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. We are here for you. When you need us, 24 hrs a day.
Our main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services we provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans.
- Assisting you in notifying friends and relatives.
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates.
- Care and custody of the body.
- Coordinating all details with the clergy.
- Arranging the music you have selected.
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers.
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation.
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers, and monuments.
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral.
- Notifying any fraternal or other organizations.
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service.
- Notifying your attorney if you are in need of legal assistance.
- Assistance in securing veterans’ burial allowances to which you may be entitled.
- Assistance in filing a claim for benefits under the U.S. Social Security Act, if applicable.
- Help in completing insurance claim forms.
- Contacting friends to serve as casket bearers.
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location.
- Follow-up after the funeral. Practical assistance with unforeseen details and help in making adjustments.
Flowers from the Heart